July 15, 2011

Friday

Well, we are nearing the end of our time at the Lake. We leave tomorrow evening. We are full to the top of cinnamon buns, ice cream and candy. The kids and I have eaten so much cheddar popcorn our fingers might be permanently orange. Yes, I do know none of those are actual food groups but hey, we're at the lake. Give us a break.

The girls have done 3 days of art camp at the Art Gallery here in the park and have made some really good art. We did a lot of swimming. We've gone on adventure walks. We've played at the parks and walked along the main strip. We have shopped. We have visited the wishing well, Deep Bay and the pier several times. All major bases covered. The kids and Scott rented a 4 person bike with Scott's sister Tammy.

Scott and the kids have enjoyed watching the Retro Teletoon channel. Such quality shows as The Smurfs, Spiderman (1983), Thundercats and The Smoggies. I didn't like any of those shows when they were on the first time and lets's just say that they haven't aged well with time. The one exception is Bugs Bunny and the Road Runner. Quoting one of Finn's favourite animated characters, Mater, "Well, I don't care who you are. That there is funny."

Scott has been watching the Game Show network too. I may scream if he makes me watch one more episode of Match Game or $25,000 Pyramid. I can actually feel myself getting stupider. I remember, at times like these, why I realy dislike most of what is on TV. Reading is much less frustrating.

I am making excellent progress on Scott's sweater "Golden Boy". I have (nearly) 3 of the 4 pieces complete. I'll add a picture a little later.

_________________________________________

Scott is getting VERY excited for what comes next week. Comic-Con in San Diego. He is spending his time reading about Comic-con exclusives and artists etc. If you don't know what Comic-Con is you should check out
this article or just goto http://www.comic-con.org/ .

No comments:

Post a Comment