December 30, 2009

December 29- in which we are lazy by the pool and Jen gets to eat Mexican

It was a gorgeous day yesterday. It was warm and sunny and a perfect day to just sit by the pool and soak up the sun.

So that is what we did. The kids played. Scott and I lounged. Norma and Dave bought me a birthday cake so we all enjoyed some sugary goodness at the side of the pool.

At about 3pm Scott, Tam and I went shopping for a short while. Norma offered for Scott and I to have an evening to ourselves to celebrate my birthday so went drove out to The Cheesecake Factory but found that it was too busy. So we got some cheesecake to go and headed out for some Mexican!

You know you have a good place in the world when you have a cold margarita in hand, hot salsa and a piece of cheesecake.

One more full day and then we start our trip home. So far the plan is to go to ihop for breakfast and sit by the pool if it warm.

1 comment:

  1. I'm enjoying hearing all about your adventures. Your time sure has gone fast. Enjoy the time you have left. I hope your trip home is a cake & pie. Love Mom

    ReplyDelete